Friday, September 14, please check-in at the hotel in the early afternoon.
Be on the lookout for signage directing you to our Hospitality Suite, “Inara’s Shuttle” on the Second Floor. Volunteers will be on staff there from 3:00pm onward to handle registration. If you bought a T-shirt (or two), you can pick it up there as well.
Random unorganized entertainment is on deck for the afternoon. Note that we have yet to receive approval from the hotel for a gosling juggling contest. We’ll let you know if that changes. Lunch is on your own if you arrive early. The hotel has a bar and restaurant.
The evening’s Unification Day Renunciation Party will begin at 6:30pm at The ABQ Grill restaurant located on the first floor of the hotel.
- New Mexican Cuisine – Appetizers, Buffet, and Cash Bar
- Into Leather? Browncoat Ball Leather Crafts, with Mary Girven of ABQLeather.com
- Live Music by the Bedlam Bards featuring Firefly / Serenity ballads
- Belly Dancers from Dancing the Goddess Within
- Tall Card, Other Games, and Fun
- Meet Fine Folks from Around the ‘Verse
- Photo Opportunities
- We may be able to provide dance lessons
After 10:00pm, the party will move to the Club Lounge on the top floor of the hotel. It’s a luxurious space with breathtaking panoramic views of the Sandia Mountains and the city lights of Albuquerque. Be sure to look in the sky for incoming Fireflies.
Once the party closes down, a late night movie screening or gaming may spontaneously combust, er, commence.